Sunday 11 November 2012

Questionnaire results

After creating a questionnaire relating to the target audience, layout and content of my future music magazine, I am now able to analyse the results and use my findings to help me create a successful magazine suited to my target audience.

1) What gender are you?

As you can see from these results, I managed to ask a pretty even amount of males and females so I should be able to attempt to make my magazine multi-gender friendly.





2) How old are you?

You can see from these results that most of the people I asked were aged from 16-19 so I need to make sure I take it into consideration that most of the following results are the opinions of that age group.






3) Per year, how frequently do you read music magazines?

These results show that of the people I asked, over half read music magazines once or twice a year or not at all. A very small amount (7%) read music magazines weekly. This suggests that my audience may be hard to engage as regular readers and that the aim of my magazine should be to capture their interest enough for them to want to repurchase it.




4) If you were to read a music magazine, what genre would be your preference?

You can see from these results that there are some obvious unpopular options, such as R&B/Soul and Jazz/Classical, suggesting these don't exactly appeal to my target audience in general. The most popular genre turned out to be Indie/Alternative, with Pop and Dance/Electronic both being second most popular. I think that these results have helped me narrow down to a list of genres, but I need to mind map these further in order to decide on a final choice.
  


5) How much are you willing to spend on a music magazine?

This information tells me that over half of my target population would spend £1-£2 on a music magazine and that none of them said they would pay £5 or more. This is important to remember because I can't afford to lose most of my readers due to a high price.




6) Do you prefer the front cover of a music magazine to...

I can see here that my target audience agree that the front cover of a music magazine should have one main image or one main image with a few smaller ones, not many images. It is important that I follow this when designing my front cover as this is the first thing readers will see and it needs to appeal to them.



7) How many cover lines do you feel is appropriate for the front cover of a music magazine?

These results show me that my target audience feel 4 - 6 cover lines is the most appropriate for the front cover. I will be following this when I begin designing my own front cover so I know I have created something that will appeal to my readers.





8) What would your favourite type of double page spread article to read be?

Out of the six options I gave my target audience, it is clear that nearly half would prefer to read a double page spread interview over other things such as reviews, competitions and gossip. My plan is to listen to this feedback and create an article involving an interview with a current music artist related to my chosen genre.



  

9) What ratio of text to image would you prefer on a double page spread?

It is clear from this response that my audience would prefer an even balance of text and images. This may involve having the majority of one page covered by a main image like I saw in quite a few of the double page spread articles I analysed.






10) What's your preferred colour scheme?

Colour scheme is something that I think depends on the genre, which I have not yet chosen. Therefore I feel I can take on board these results, but will be further brainstorming colour schemes before I make any final decisions. I get a rough idea from this data that a bright or pastel colour scheme may not be popular, but that neutral, basic colour schemes would be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment